date format question.

From: "christopher baus" <christopher(at)baus(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: date format question.
Date: 2000-05-21 21:54:53
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi all,

I just started using postgreSQL 7.0 and the JDBC 1.1 driver with apache's
turbine project. I am a bit confused by your date handling. Turbine uses
timestamp fields to stamp user login/logout. The driver allows me to set
the login in the following format : 2000-05-21 02:04:12.33-04

When I requery the field the driver throws an invalid date format exception.
I would like to be able to be assured that a java date will be transformed
to the proper format. I'm not an expert in the JDBC spec,
but it seems the other drivers I've tried do this.

~christopher