Re: I forgot the "Begin" command, what should I do ?

From: "Chris Smith" <cdsmith(at)twu(dot)net>
To: "Waldomiro" <wmiro(at)shx(dot)com(dot)br>, <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: I forgot the "Begin" command, what should I do ?
Date: 2004-02-21 15:41:55
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Waldomiro wrote:
> A few days ago, I wrote a program that updates some tables, but I
> forgot the "begin" and the "commit".
>
> Is there a way to throws an exception when I update a table without
> the "begin" command ?
>
> It would be interesting because the Database will show I forgot a
> command.

You're better off not issuing 'begin' or 'commit' commands in SQL anyway.
JDBC is designed to do those kinds of things using methods on the Connection
class.  Nevertheless, if you're issuing them by hand and issue a commit
without a corresponding 'begin' or some such, the warning that results will be
available through the Statement's getWarnings() method.

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation