Re: pg_dump on Postgres 9.1

From: Alanoly Andrews <alanolya(at)invera(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: 'Tom Lane' <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: pg_dump on Postgres 9.1
Date: 2012-08-01 19:42:02
Lists: pgsql-admin

On this issue, instead of going for a newer version of xlc, as suggested, I opted to get a newer version of the Postgres source code, 9.1.4. After compiling it with the same xlc version, I found that pg_dump works as expected. So, the problem appears to be somewhere in the 9.1 source code, at least for binaries created from it for AIX (6.1).

Regards.

Alanoly.