ResultSetMetaData.getColumnDisplaySize returns 2147483647 ?

From: DGPickett <DGPickett(at)aol(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: David(dot)Pickett(at)nasdaqomx(dot)com
Subject: ResultSetMetaData.getColumnDisplaySize returns 2147483647 ?
Date: 2009-02-25 16:33:36
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Selecting a constant string or concatenated columns from postgres
using jisql (xigole), I get heap overflow.

select 'X' AS XXX from . . . .
        at java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.<init>
        at java.lang.StringBuffer.<init>(
        at com.xigole.util.sql.Jisql.formatLabel(
        at com.xigole.util.sql.Jisql.doIsql(
        at com.xigole.util.sql.Jisql.main(

This discussion seems to say this is a postgres JDBC bug:

I tried going back to the last rev 7 JAR, and these queries work,
albeit with 65K column widths.  Something is seriously wrong in this
method, if it cannot size a three byte label or a one byte constant

pgsql-jdbc by date

Next:From: Jesus MaudesDate: 2009-02-25 23:51:07