ODBC driver chances function-call in a wrong way

From: "Ida Schonfeld" <Ida(dot)Schonfeld(at)oclc(dot)org>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ODBC driver chances function-call in a wrong way
Date: 2009-01-16 15:58:02
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hello,

I have the following problem:

I have a PG function in my database which looks like this:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION help_sel0(IN a int,IN b char(2),OUT
master_fileset INT, OUT master_type CHAR(2), OUT highest_number INT)
RETURNS RECORD AS

                        $function$

                        DECLARE

                         r RECORD;

                        BEGIN

                        SELECT INTO  r
master_fileset,master_type,highest_number

                        FROM gen_master

                        WHERE master_fileset= a

                        AND   master_type= b;

                        master_fileset:=r.master_fileset;

                        master_type:=r.master_type;

                        highest_number:=r.highest_number;

                        END;

                        $function$

                          LANGUAGE plpgsql;

When I now want to send with my ODBC-programm the following prepared
statement to the server

 {SELECT * FROM gen_master_sel0(?,?);} (with the parameters 10 and 'S2')

 the driver recognizes that I'm calling a "stored procedure", but he
doesn't  notice the given parameter and changes the command to this

  SELECT * FROM gen_master_sel0( 10, E'S2');() .

Is this a bug in the recent driver (8.3.0400) which I'm using or has
anybody any idea what I might have done wrong? I have to say this is the
first time I'm working with Postgres so maybe my function is not ok?!

I'm very thankful for ideas and suggestions :-)

Thx, Ida

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: jurijs NezencevsDate: 2009-01-16 23:02:02