Tracing SQL statements per page/request

From: Shahaf Abileah <shahaf(at)redfin(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Tracing SQL statements per page/request
Date: 2008-08-20 21:05:43
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I'm looking for a general-purpose way to track and report the number of
SQL statements issued to Postgres during the processing of a single page
(a single URL0 on my company's website (www.redfin.com
<http://www.redfin.com/> ).

Does the Postgres JDBC driver have any features to help me do this?

If not, can someone recommend another approach? In case it helps, we
use hibernate as our O-R mapping so hibernate is responsible for
generating most (not all) of our SQL queries (some are still issued by
direct SQL). Also, we use the PostGIS JDBC driver, which is a wrapper
around the standard PostgreSQL JDBC driver.

Thanks,

--Shahaf