SQL Error- SQLBindColumn and TimeStamp Field

From: "Ed Brown" <ebrown(at)arcompanies(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: SQL Error- SQLBindColumn and TimeStamp Field
Date: 2004-11-17 19:03:38
Lists: pgsql-odbc
I have been trying to do an insert into a TimeStamp field in Postgresql 7.34 (running on Suse 9.0, if it matters).  The application is in Delphi 7.0, but the code is similar enough that you C gurus should be able to see what's happening.  I get the text as a string, parse it into the various elements, and populate the SQL_TimeStamp_Structure. When I execute the SQLBindColumn function I get the following message:

    Unable to Bind Parameter- State: S1003, Error # 0, [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Program type out of range

The values in the structure are reasonable, and other elements work properly. Can anyone either tell me what I'm doing wrong, or show me an example of setting a Timestamp value that works?

Thanks very much. Code Follows

Ed Brown

 New(pTimeStamp);
 DecodeDate(dtThis, i1,i2,i3);
 pTimeStamp^.year := i1;
 pTimeStamp^.Month := i2;
 pTimeStamp^.Day := i3;
 DecodeTime(dtThis, i1,i2,i3,i4);
 pTimeStamp^.Hour := i1;
 pTimeStamp^.minute := i2;
 pTimeStamp^.second := i3;
 pTimeStamp^.fraction := i4;

 New(piTemp);
 lIntegers.Add(piTemp);

// Fails on next call
 retcode := SQLBindParameter(hSTMT, i + 1, SQL_PARAM_INPUT,
  SQL_C_TYPE_TIMESTAMP,
  SQL_TYPE_TIMESTAMP,
  SizeOf(SQL_TIMESTAMP_STRUCT), 0 ,
  pTimeStamp,
  SizeOf(SQL_TIMESTAMP_STRUCT), piTemp) ;

The values are:

    pTimeStamp^.year = 200
    pTimeStamp^.Month =  7
    pTimeStamp^.Day = 15
    pTimeStamp^.Hour := 11
    pTimeStamp^.minute := 15
    pTimeStamp^.second := 0
    pTimeStamp^.fraction := 0

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Greg CampbellDate: 2004-11-17 20:17:49