Re: [Slony1-general] Re: dangling lock information?

From: "David Parker" <dparker(at)tazznetworks(dot)com>
To: "Hannu Krosing" <hannu(at)skype(dot)net>, "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: <slony1-general(at)gborg(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, "PostgreSQL-development" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [Slony1-general] Re: dangling lock information?
Date: 2005-08-30 12:12:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

The slony log trigger saves execution plans, so any given connection
that has been used with a slony schema installed will have cached OIDs
referring to the sl_log_1 table. When you drop the schema, those OIDs
obviously go away. When you re-create the schema, and try to use the old
connection, it still has the old plan cached in it, so the OIDs in the
plan are out of sync with what actually exists in the database.

This is the behavior I've observed in our environment, anyway. The
problem always shows up when slony is RE-installed under an outstanding
connection.

- DAP