7.03 JDBC drivers & large objects

From: Julian Richardson <JRichardson(at)softwright(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: 7.03 JDBC drivers & large objects
Date: 2001-03-19 09:31:37
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi, this just cropped up on the Orion app-server list - someone there was
having trouble storing large objects via JDBC in Postgres using the standard
PreparedStatement.setBinaryStream() method. I tried the same test outside of
Orion using a simple command-line app and hit the same problem.

Poking around in the source code for the JDBC drivers it looks like this
hasn't been implemented yet, but also that there's possibly a lot of stuff
missing in the large objects API too. Any fixes available? I assume it
worked in 6.5, so will a downgrade help?? (I'm pretty sure there are people
out there using Orion with Postgres so there must be some workaround...)

cheers

Jules