mysql_field_name equivalent

From: "Mace, Richard" <richard(dot)mace(at)Lorien(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: mysql_field_name equivalent
Date: 2003-12-31 11:59:22
Lists: pgsql-novice

Is there a PostgreSQL equivalent command to the mysql_field_name command above?

I am running a select query (7.2) and would like to get the name of the columns I am selecting
too, in order to output a header line to an external file, with the result of the select.

Has anyone done this or similar?

Thank you.

Richard Mace

The information contained in this email is confidential and is intended for the recipient only. If you have received it in error, please notify us immediately by reply email and then delete it from your system. Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or disclose its contents to any other person or store or copy this information in any medium. The views contained in this email are those of the author and not necessarily those of Lorien plc.

Thank you for your co-operation.