Re: Group commit, revised

From: Jim Nasby <jim(at)nasby(dot)net>
To: Peter Geoghegan <peter(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Group commit, revised
Date: 2012-01-18 00:21:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Jan 15, 2012, at 4:42 PM, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> Attached is a patch that myself and Simon Riggs collaborated on. I
> took the group commit patch that Simon posted to the list back in
> November, and partially rewrote it.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but I noticed a few places doing things like:

if (...)
Blah();
else
{
}

Is that allowed PG formatting? I thought that if braces were required on one branch of an if they were supposed to go on both sides.

Also, I didn't see any README changes in the patch... perhaps this is big enough to warrant them?
--
Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect jim(at)nasby(dot)net
512.569.9461 (cell) http://jim.nasby.net