Re: BUG #1497: Default permissions allow any user to create objects in any database

From: Barry Brown <barry(at)cs(dot)sierracollege(dot)edu>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #1497: Default permissions allow any user to create objects in any database
Date: 2005-02-24 14:19:01
Lists: pgsql-bugs

First paragraph of section 17.4 (Privileges):

"When a database object is created, it is assigned an owner. .... By
default, only an owner (or a superuser) can do anything with the
object. In order to allow other users to use it, privileges must be
granted."

To me, that paragraphs says that only the owner of a database can do
anything with it and all other privileges must be explicitly granted to
others.

-B