November meeting wrap-up and December's meeting (12/19/06)

From: Selena Deckelmann <selena(at)chrisking(dot)com>
To: pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: November meeting wrap-up and December's meeting (12/19/06)
Date: 2006-12-04 20:46:18
Lists: pdxpug
Hello!

Thank you to Mark for a great talk on 11/21 and trip through the TPC-
benchmark world.  Mark -- Do you think we could post your slides on
the website?  Forward them to me if that's ok. I hope that you're
able to publish the results of your tests at some point - or if you
already are, please send the URL!

It was good to meet all the folks from the PSU database reading
group.  For those who don't know, they meet to talk about database
papers - was it every Friday?  We all had a great time chatting at
the Lucky Lab after the meeting.

Also, sorry I haven't been able to find the time to start a flame-war
about open source project participation.  This time of the year is
just so busy.

----

Topic: 	Gabrielle's new database design  and ??
Who:	Gabrielle Roth, XO communications
When: 	Tuesday, December 19, 2006
Where: 	FreeGeek, 1731 SE 10th Ave

So, for the next meeting, Gabrielle was going to lead us through her
latest database implementation.  Her talk will be 20-30 minutes,
leaving some time to fill at the end.

Does anyone else have a topic they've been itching to discuss?  We
could have a couple Lightning Talks/Lightning troubleshooting.  I'm
interested in what happens with the database the PSU folks were
working on moving to a new server.

I've got a few new performance problems and solutions to share.  We'd
also talked about having an "Explaining EXPLAIN" talk.  I think that
I could do about 30 minutes worth of talking on that if there are no
other takers.

Send me your preference/ideas!

-selena

pdxpug by date

Next:From: markwkmDate: 2006-12-04 21:54:42
Subject: Fwd: [PLUG-ANNOUNCE] ANNOUNCEMENT: December PLUG Meeting