Re: How to insert data pass by parameter

From: "Hiroshi Saito" <z-saito(at)guitar(dot)ocn(dot)ne(dot)jp>
To: <usanee(at)mfec(dot)co(dot)th>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to insert data pass by parameter
Date: 2007-08-10 05:53:17
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi.

From: <usanee(at)mfec(dot)co(dot)th>

> Hi support
> I have problem about insertion into postgres db and details
> like below;
> 1. I use IBM DataStage as client connect to Postgrest db 8.2.4 via
> psqlOdbc 8.0.4
> 2. I can read data from table but I cannot insert data in to target table
> on Postgrest DB and I 've got error message like this
>
> "SQL statement:INSERT INTO a(emp_id) VALUES (?)
> SQLSTATE=00000, DBMS.CODE=-1
> [DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][unixODBC]Error while executing the query
> (non-fatal);
> ERROR: syntax error at end of input at character 47 "

I do not use IBM Datastage...
However, For example, a parameter can be used as follows.

--
Set cmd = New ADODB.Command
cmd.ActiveConnection = cn

' The main parameter
Set main = cmd.CreateParameter("main", adInteger, adParamInput)
main.Value = 100 '' a random integer value ''
cmd.Parameters.Append main
--

I want this to be help you.

Regards,