Re: Added the word TODO in comments

From: Jim Nasby <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>
To: Gurjeet Singh <singh(dot)gurjeet(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "PGSQL Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Added the word TODO in comments
Date: 2007-01-03 15:16:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Jan 1, 2007, at 2:24 AM, Gurjeet Singh wrote:
> The comment, "This should be improved someday" sure sounds like a
> TODO to me.
>
> I don't know if it should make it to the TODO doc, as that lists
> high-level/abstract feature-request-like items.

Given that the TODO list is the official compilation of things that
need to get done, ISTM that anything warranting a TODO or XXX in the
code should probably be on the TODO list. Leaving the TODO or XXX in
the code is fine, since someone might be inspired to fix it while
noodling around, but something not on the TODO is much less likely to
get fixed.