Re: OSSP can be used in the windows environment now!

From: "Hiroshi Saito" <z-saito(at)guitar(dot)ocn(dot)ne(dot)jp>
To: "Magnus Hagander" <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Subject: Re: OSSP can be used in the windows environment now!
Date: 2008-02-27 12:46:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hi.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Magnus Hagander" <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>

> What exactly is needed for building the required libuuid files? rom what I
> can tell, the authorh as no binaries available, correct?

Yes, both can be built. however, msvc-build is not official though regrettable.
but, It can be built without source-code changing. It is created as our module.
http://winpg.jp/~saito/pg_work/OSSP_win32/msvc/
I have checked by examination.

> It builds with mingw only? Or with msvc? does the mingw build generate all
> the required libraries for the msvc build as well? (sorry, I'm on a win64
> box right now, so mingw doesn't work at all, so I can't test that right
> now)

Therefore, It has built in the environment of both now.

> Also, documentation updates will be needed, but I can handle those.

Yeah:-)
Thanks.

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito