Re: [PORTS] QNX4

From: "Kardos, Dr(dot) Andreas" <kardos(at)repas-aeg(dot)de>
To: "Thomas Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [PORTS] QNX4
Date: 2000-04-04 07:41:43
Lists: pgsql-ports

The QNX4 port is OK now.

But there are still some minor problems which I have already reported:

1)
> I had now problems to compile the plperl stuff. These problems are new.
> They occur because my precompiled perl package has been made with cc and
> plperl can be compiled with gcc only on QNX (due to long long int). The
CC,
> CFLAGS and so on are got from the prebuilt perl stuff. gcc doesn't work
with
> the cc options. So, to get CC, CFLAGS and so on from the perl installation
> not seems to be such a good idea in this situation.

This doesn't matter on QNX4 since shared libraries are not supported.

2)
> rules failes now too. This is new.
> ERROR: Bad money external representation

I believe I have seen this already in a report from another platform. So it
might be not QNX specific.

IMHO you can count QNX as supported. A patch for an updated FAQ_QNX4 is
attached.

Andreas