Question about cygwin/postgres install

From: s(dot)j(dot)adair(at)att(dot)net
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Question about cygwin/postgres install
Date: 2004-06-24 15:20:08
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
Hi,

I found a webpage www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs/text/FAQ_MSWIN that had How to install PostgreSQL on Windows.

I followed the directions and got cygwin working.  I can do ls and all the unix commands.  The problem is that it says:
Once the down load is complete, open a Cygwin shell and do the following:

Start ipc-daemon2 for shared memory support, by entering the command ipc-daemon2 & Unfortunately, bash cant find
this command.  I cant either when I use windows explorer to search for it.  I am pretty frustrated.  The next steps tell how
to create a new database cluster using initdb and then the postmaster....  I see both of those in the bin directory.

Do you know where ipc-daemon2 is supposed to come from?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Best Regards,

Sherry

pgsql-cygwin by date

Next:From: Gerardo CastilloDate: 2004-06-24 17:30:40