Re: Killing the backend to cancel a long waiting query

From: "Paulo Scardine" <paulos(at)cimed(dot)ind(dot)br>
To: "Robert Treat" <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Killing the backend to cancel a long waiting query
Date: 2003-09-22 19:02:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-interfaces pgsql-odbc

I do not know how to do that. I learned that I can send a SIGINT to a
backend to cancel a query, but I dont know how to kill just one transaction.
I have only "pg_getpid" and "pg_killpid" as interfaces to system functions
"getpid" and "kill".

BTW, what information can I get about the current running backends on the
internal structures? Or do I have to ask the OS?

Thank you,
--
Paulo Scardine