Re: rserv replication error

From: "Gregory Wood" <gregw(at)com-stock(dot)com>
To: "Andrew Sullivan" <andrew(at)libertyrms(dot)info>
Cc: "PostgreSQL-General" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: rserv replication error
Date: 2003-02-26 18:42:00
Lists: pgsql-general
> One thing I do notice about dbmirror is that it requires a
> single-column primary key on every replicated table.  I bet you could
> hack it to use some other not null unique column, though.

Are you sure about that? We're using it right now on several tables with
multi-column primary keys with no problems.

There used to be a problem with tables that had _no_ primary key, but the
developer (Steve Singer IIRC) fixed that, at least in so far as it no longer
crashes. I don't know if it actually replicates those tables since I got
primary keys added to all our *ahem* unnormalized tables.

Greg