Re: BUG #5144: Issue changing password

From: "Francis, George" <gf(at)liquidpoint(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #5144: Issue changing password
Date: 2009-10-28 20:01:30
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Many thanks. That helped.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us]
Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 2:01 PM
To: Francis, George
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [BUGS] BUG #5144: Issue changing password

"George Francis" <gf(at)liquidpoint(dot)com> writes:
> I am trying to recover my lost password for my SU account and am having
> trouble.

> I edited the pg_hba.conf file and added the line "local all all trust".

> I then stopped and restarted the service and still get prompted to login
> when entering psql.

> How can I do this so that I can change my password for the "postgres" user?

This is not a bug, and there are more appropriate forums for asking for
this type of help. However ... the problem with adding an entry for
"local" is that it's for Unix-socket connections, and there's no such
thing on Windows. You need to adjust the entry for 127.0.0.1 to say
"trust", instead. Otherwise it sounds like you are going at it the
right way.

regards, tom lane

The information in this message, including any attachment, is confidential and intended for use only by the designated recipient(s) named above. It is the property of BNY ConvergEx Group, LLC or its affiliates. If you are not the intended recipient, please return the message to the sender and delete all copies of it, including attachments, from your computer. Unauthorized use, disclosure, dissemination or copying of this message or any part hereof is strictly prohibited. This message is for information purposes only, is not intended to provide a sufficient basis on which to make an investment decision and should not be regarded as an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy any financial product. The information expressed herein may be changed at any time without notice or obligation to update. Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure, virus-free or error-free. Therefore, we do not represent that this message is virus-free, complete or accurate and it should not be relied upon as such. BNY ConvergEx Group, LLC and its affiliates accept no liability for any damage sustained in connection with the content or transmission of this message.