ERROR: DROP TABLE is not allowed in a non-volatile function

From: "Alan T(dot) Miller" <amiller(at)hollywood101(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ERROR: DROP TABLE is not allowed in a non-volatile function
Date: 2005-05-17 18:21:14
Lists: pgsql-novice
I had written a function that would recreate a static table. The function
called the "DROP TABLE" command and then proceeded to create the new table.
This used to work fine until I upgraded the database server to 8.x. Now when
I try to run the function I get the error message...

ERROR:  DROP TABLE is not allowed in a non-volatile function

What can I do now? Is there a way to redefine my function so that it is a
"non-volatile" function? Tried to find more about this online with little
luck. Please any suggestions would be welcome.

Alan