Re: Windows 98 - getting (much) warmer

From: s0lao(at)netscape(dot)net (S(dot) L(dot))
To: keith(at)heart(dot)com(dot)au (Keith Gray), pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org (Cygwin)
Subject: Re: Windows 98 - getting (much) warmer
Date: 2001-10-04 05:48:00
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
>DEBUG:  database system is in production state
>process_hba_record: invalid syntax in pg_hba.conf file
>Missing or erroneous pg_hba.conf file, see postmaster log for details
And, and, what does it say ?! :)) (your pg_logfile I mean)
2 problems could cause this:
a. you played with pg_hba.conf, but in this case you would have reverted the changes and had no problems;
b. the CR/LF problem: either you have winzipped or pkunzipped the tar.gz distribution you have or you have "textmode" mounted the place with pg_hba.conf. The CR/LF problem comes from the end-of-line character window apps use for ascii/text files, that doesn't match the unix apps use.

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience the convenience of buying online with Shop(at)Netscape!

pgsql-cygwin by date

Next:From: Keith GrayDate: 2001-10-04 06:01:10
Previous:From: Keith GrayDate: 2001-10-04 05:36:57
Subject: Missing or erroneous pg_hba.conf file