Re: index: specify sort order?

From: <me(at)alternize(dot)com>
To: "Stephan Szabo" <sszabo(at)megazone(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: index: specify sort order?
Date: 2005-08-27 16:25:29
Lists: pgsql-novice
hi stephan

yes, analyze is showing "index scan backwards". so for pg-sql it does not
make a difference in speed whether "index scan" is done forward/backward?
cool! in mssql it did make quite a difference to specify the prefered index
sort order, hence my question.

before i annoy the list with other migration-related, obvious questions, is
there a good documentation on migrating from mssql to pgsql?

cheers,
thomas