Re: Postgres DB

From: "Sumita Biswas" <sbiswas(at)cisco(dot)com>
To: "'Tom Lane'" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgres DB
Date: 2004-04-23 18:26:30
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi All,

Our application is using the Postgres 7.3.4-RH database that is packaged
with the AS3.0 for CCM. There is a variable type called refcursor that
is being used by CAR Functions in Postgres database. This variable works
fine when we execute the postgres Function from the database i.e through
psql. When we try to execute the Function from java code, it uses
pg73jdbc3.jar which is bundled with the Postgres 7.3.4, and
pg73jdbc3.jar does not support this variable type refcursor.

It works fine with pg74jdbc3.jar which comes along with Postgres 7.4.

Is this a bug?

Regards,
Sumita