PostgreSQL Database freezes during backup then generates drwtsn.exe process

From: "Ward Eaton" <Ward(dot)Eaton(at)rad-con(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL Database freezes during backup then generates drwtsn.exe process
Date: 2008-12-02 14:01:29
Lists: pgsql-admin
I'm running PostgreSQL 8.3 on a Windows 2003 machine (pgAgent service is
also installed and running).  The system is running as a redundant
database server.  Thus, backing up from one machine to another, and
transferring over WAL logs.  In the postageSQL log files there are
several error messages that read:

'could not rename file, no such file or directory'

Eventually, postgreSQL 'freezes', I'm unable to access the database, and
there is no logging.  I find a drwtsn.exe process running under the
postgres account in Task Manager.  If I kill the drwtsn PostgreSQL
service will stop.  I can then restart it and the database will run as
expected for a few days.

Has anyone encountered this problem before?  If so, were you able to
find a solution?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Ward Eaton
Project Engineer Automation

RAD-CON Inc.
TECHNOLOGY: Innovative & Proven
Office: +1.216.706.8927
Fax: +1.216.221.1135
Website: www.RAD-CON.com <http://www.rad-con.com/>
E-mail: Ward(dot)Eaton(at)RAD-CON(dot)com <mailto:Ward(dot)Eaton(at)RAD-CON(dot)com>

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Isabella GhiureaDate: 2008-12-02 15:52:04