terminating connection because of crash of another server process

From: "Leticia Larrosa" <leticia(at)tesla(dot)cujae(dot)edu(dot)cu>
To: <atlpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: terminating connection because of crash of another server process
Date: 2008-02-13 20:47:02
Lists: atlpug

Hello

I have a postgres database version 8.1.11, in an Ubuntu Server 6.10.

Some days before, I have a hardware failure in my server, and after recover
the database I get some problems with tables and I had to REINDEX some of
its.
But now, doing any actions in the database server (for example: SELECT *
from my_table), I continue getting the follow error:

"""
WARNING: terminating connection because of crash of another server process
DETAIL: The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back the
current transaction and exit, because another server process exited
abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
HINT: In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database and
repeat your command.
before or while processing the request.
The connection to the server was lost. Attempting reset: Succeeded.
"""

Any help, to solve this or an idea about anything I must check, will be
appreciated.

The log of my server shows the follow messages over and over:

LOG: database system was interrupted at 2008-02-13 15:37:00 EST
LOG: checkpoint record is at 1C/837496A0
LOG: redo record is at 1C/837496A0; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
LOG: next transaction ID: 1596704648; next OID: 2939703
LOG: next MultiXactId: 1; next MultiXactOffset: 0
LOG: database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in
progress
LOG: record with zero length at 1C/837496E4
LOG: redo is not required
LOG: database system is ready
LOG: transaction ID wrap limit is 2147484146, limited by database
"postgres"
LOG: server process (PID 9747) was terminated by signal 11
LOG: terminating any other active server processes
[...]
LOG: all server processes terminated; reinitializing
LOG: database system was interrupted at 2008-02-13 15:37:00 EST
LOG: checkpoint record is at 1C/837496E4
LOG: redo record is at 1C/837496E4; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
LOG: next transaction ID: 1596704648; next OID: 2939703
LOG: next MultiXactId: 1; next MultiXactOffset: 0
LOG: database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in
progress
FATAL: the database system is starting up
LOG: record with zero length at 1C/83749728
LOG: redo is not required
LOG: database system is ready
LOG: transaction ID wrap limit is 2147484146, limited by database
"postgres"
FATAL: the database system is starting up
FATAL: the database system is starting up
FATAL: the database system is starting up
FATAL: the database system is starting up
FATAL: the database system is starting up
LOG: server process (PID 9793) was terminated by signal 11
LOG: terminating any other active server processes
WARNING: terminating connection because of crash of another server process
DETAIL: The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back the
current transaction and exit, because another server process exited
abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
HINT: In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database and
repeat your command.
WARNING: terminating connection because of crash of another server process
DETAIL: The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back the
current transaction and exit, because another server process exited
abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
HINT: In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database and
repeat your command.
LOG: all server processes terminated; reinitializing
LOG: database system was interrupted at 2008-02-13 15:37:04 EST
LOG: checkpoint record is at 1C/83749728
LOG: redo record is at 1C/83749728; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
LOG: next transaction ID: 1596704648; next OID: 2939703
LOG: next MultiXactId: 1; next MultiXactOffset: 0
LOG: database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in
progress
FATAL: the database system is starting up
FATAL: the database system is starting up
FATAL: the database system is starting up
LOG: record with zero length at 1C/8374976C
LOG: redo is not required
LOG: database system is ready
LOG: transaction ID wrap limit is 2147484146, limited by database
"postgres"

Thanks in advanced.
Leticia Larrosa

Participe en Universidad 2008.
11 al 15 de febrero del 2008.
Palacio de las Convenciones, Ciudad de la Habana, Cuba
http://www.universidad2008.cu