Comma delimited results

From: "Chad Thompson" <chad(at)weblinkservices(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-novice" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Comma delimited results
Date: 2002-12-23 19:07:44
Lists: pgsql-novice
Is there a way to display all the results of a row as one big comma delimited string?

select * & ","
from mytable

3,my house, wife, 8

IOW, I dont want to have to know the column names of mytable.  I just want one big comma delimited result for each row.

While Im pretty sure we are venturing outside standard SQL, I would like to keep it as close as possible.

pgsql-novice by date