Re: delete column

From: "Hillensbeck, Preston" <PHillensbeck(at)sfbcic(dot)com>
To: 'webmaster' <webmaster(at)harbornet(dot)com>
Cc: "'pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: delete column
Date: 2002-04-26 20:49:49
Lists: pgsql-general
There isn't a DROP COLUMN function yet, but you can do this...

SELECT ... -- select all columns but the one you want to remove
INTO TABLE new_table
FROM old_table;
DROP TABLE old_table;
ALTER TABLE new_table RENAME TO old_table;

This is straight out of Bruce Momjian's book, so you can give him credit for