Re: crash help, pgsql 7.2.1 on RH7.3

From: "Tim Lynch" <admin(at)thirdage(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: crash help, pgsql 7.2.1 on RH7.3
Date: 2002-11-22 01:05:27
Lists: pgsql-admin

okay, argh, after messing around with /etc/security/limits.conf, it would
have been nice to know that limits.conf doesn't change the default ulimit
rather the limits of user ulimit changes! mean to say, pam_limits.so and
limits.conf do not change the default ulimit, just the bounds, so then the
user can ulimit -c unlimited. i expect regular user to never be able to
increase their ulimits - call me old fasioned... what's next, regular user
negative renice?!? anyways...

but, uh, what am i going to do with a core file? i would need a non-stripped
postgres binary first, right?

i checked out the cwd in /proc, it is /var/lib/pgsql (actally i symlinked it
into another fs) which is postgres:postgres mode 700.