JDBC classes?

From: "Paul Wallace" <paul(dot)wallace(at)prosolutions-ap(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: JDBC classes?
Date: 2001-12-07 10:32:57
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
    I would like to set up a JDBC conenction to a remote machine. I have a
number of problems / questions before I can do this howver.
    Firstly, I am using an application server where the JDBC files must be
put under a particular directory. If I am to downlaod 'precompiled drivers',
can you tell me firstly why are they .jar files and not .class if the are
precompiled? My app. server reads the .classes (stored ina classses
    Also, I am not really aware what VM version is insatlled on my machine!
I can tell you that it is 1.2 or up however. What VM is required on the
I think that is all for now as I dont want to exhaust my resources!

Thanks in advance

Paul Wallace
Concerto Developer/Support Consultant
ProSolutions Asia Pacific Co., Ltd.
Tel +66 2 583 6161-5
Fax +662 583 6535

pgsql-jdbc by date

Next:From: Ned WolpertDate: 2001-12-07 22:09:51