Re: setsockopt(SO_REUSEADDR) (Re: Call for porting reports)

From: "Kardos, Dr(dot) Andreas" <kardos(at)repas-aeg(dot)de>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: setsockopt(SO_REUSEADDR) (Re: Call for porting reports)
Date: 2000-04-11 15:53:39
Lists: pgsql-ports

Yes, if
#define ONLY_REUSE_INET_SOCKETS
is included in solaris_sparc.h as in sco.h the postmaster can be started.

But except the libpq++, inet_aton() and SO_REUSEADDR problems there are more
problems:

1) psql cannot be made since perl is used to generate sql_help.h. There is
no perl on this machine. So configure doesn't help if perl is used anyway.

2) After I have copied sql_help.h from another platforms I could build psql,
but not start:

psql: PQconnectPoll() -- couldn't send startup packet: errno=22
Invalid argument

TCP/IP or Unix domain sockets doesn't matter.

Regards,
Andreas Kardos