Re: Defining local IP address when opening connections to database

From: "David Johnston" <polobo(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: "'Michael Bauland'" <Michael(dot)Bauland(at)knipp(dot)de>, <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Defining local IP address when opening connections to database
Date: 2012-03-07 16:49:41
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Are you missing the obvious, in which case read Kevin's and Dave's
JDBC) you have multiple network adapters and only one of them is allowed to
connect to the database?

If the latter is the case I am not sure about JDBC but I would presume you
could setup some form of routing table on your machine so that any traffic
to the server IP address is forced to be routed through the appropriate
network card.

David J.