reading reading files from the DB

From: "sandhya" <sandhyar(at)amiindia(dot)co(dot)in>
To: "postgre" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "sandhya" <sandhyar(at)amiindia(dot)co(dot)in>
Subject: reading reading files from the DB
Date: 2005-12-28 11:10:02
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi.....

I have exported few files into my DB server running on LINUX os.
I connected to it remotely from windows and through one sample application
like webserver i am trying to read the contents of it when ever there is a
request for the specified file.Using the below example code.
Is this correct?I am not finding that it is reading it from the database.
How can i make sure of this.I am unable to open the requested file from win
application through database.
please suggest me .........
voi d GetFiles(PGconn *conn, unsigned int lobjId, int start)
{

---------

------------

int lobj_fd;

lobj_fd = lo_open(conn, lobjId, INV_READ);

if (lobj_fd < 0)

{

MessageBox(0,"error","Cannot Object Id ",MB_OK);

}

lo_lseek(conn, lobj_fd, start, SEEK_END);

len = lo_tell(conn,lobj_fd);

lo_lseek(conn, lobj_fd, start, SEEK_SET);

buf =(char*) malloc(len + 1);

nread = 0;

while (len - nread > 0)

{

nbytes = lo_read(conn, lobj_fd, buf, len - nread);

buf[nbytes] = ' ';

nread += nbytes;

}

MessageBox(0,"Inside get","test",MB_OK);

free(buf);

lo_close(conn, lobj_fd);

}

Thank you.....