Re: Call for porting reports

From: "Kardos, Dr(dot) Andreas" <kardos(at)repas-aeg(dot)de>
To: "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: <hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Call for porting reports
Date: 2000-04-11 13:18:34
Lists: pgsql-ports

Thanks for clarification.

2) configure works correctly (HAVE_INET_ATON etc.). There is a inet_aton.c
in backend/port. But this one is included only in the backend tree. In
interfaces/libpq/Makefile isn't any reference to it. It should be included
into the Makefile like snprintf has been included.

3) -h doesn't help to start the postmaster. For clients I'm using -h anyway.
Should Unix domain sockets be excluded from postmaster.c as it has been done
for CYGWIN32 and QNX? In general it could be better to handle this problem
by a additional postmaster option.

Andreas Kardos