Re: Bug in JDBC-Driver?

From: "Barry Lind" <blind(at)xythos(dot)com>
To: "Kris Jurka" <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: <Antje(dot)Stejskal(at)ppi(dot)de>, <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Bug in JDBC-Driver?
Date: 2004-12-22 17:57:00
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

OK. But IMHO, if you are using timestamps outside of PreparedStatements
you are asking for trouble :-). Since you pointed out earlier that most
of the timezones match between java and the server, you could first
attempt to use the server's timezone, and if that doesn't work you could
fall back to this method of using GMT on both client and server.

--Barry