Re: types used for JDBC BLOB and CLOB?

From: "Barry Lind" <blind(at)xythos(dot)com>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>,<pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: types used for JDBC BLOB and CLOB?
Date: 2004-08-23 16:04:13
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Marc,

If you are specifically talking about the JDBC types BLOB and CLOB those
classes use the server LargeObject interface.  If you are speaking
generically about support for large objects then the jdbc driver
supports the bytea datatype for the get/setBinaryStream() methods.  So
the answer is "it depends", on how you use the driver.  The specifics
for supporting binary objects are documented in a section on this topic
in the postgresql jdbc driver documentation chapter.

Thanks,
--Barry