Re: SQLTables and szTableRemarks field?

From: Lothar Behrens <lothar(dot)behrens(at)lollisoft(dot)de>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SQLTables and szTableRemarks field?
Date: 2009-07-06 06:42:27
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,

thanks. But now I had a look at the pg_catalog assuming the comments
must be there anywhere.
I found it in pg_description. Would it useful if the comment is
retrieved from that table?

How much work would it be (I am not familar with the odbc driver code
it self, but I think there it is best)
to implement that?

Thanks

Lothar

Am 06.07.2009 um 02:06 schrieb Alex Goncharov:

> ,--- You/Lothar (Mon, 6 Jul 2009 00:37:31 +0200) ----*
> | When reading out tables with SQLTables I did not get the remarks
> field.
> |
> | Why is this happen or is it unimplemented?
>
> Per the documentation available online, it is not.
>
> | I bind the columns as follows:
> |
> | SQLBindCol(hstmt, 1, SQL_C_CHAR, szTableCatalog, TAB_LEN,
> | &cbTableCatalog);
> | SQLBindCol(hstmt, 2, SQL_C_CHAR, szTableSchema, TAB_LEN,
> | &cbTableSchema);
> | SQLBindCol(hstmt, 3, SQL_C_CHAR, szTableName, TAB_LEN,
> &cbTableName);
> | SQLBindCol(hstmt, 4, SQL_C_CHAR, szTableType, TAB_LEN,
> &cbTableType);
> | SQLBindCol(hstmt, 5, SQL_C_CHAR, szTableRemarks, REM_LEN,
> | &cbTableRemarks);
>
> The fifth column of the `information_schema.tables' table is called,
> in fact, `self_referencing_column_name', and "applies to a feature not
> available in PostgreSQL".
>
> -- Alex -- alex-goncharov(at)comcast(dot)net --

-- | Rapid Prototyping | XSLT Codegeneration | http://www.lollisoft.de
Lothar Behrens
Heinrich-Scheufelen-Platz 2
73252 Lenningen