Re: Design Rough

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Gavin M(dot) Roy" <gmr(at)ehpg(dot)net>, <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Design Rough
Date: 2004-05-13 07:40:01
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi Gavin,

To be honest I don't like it as it is right now. There's no clear
identity - the PostgreSQL text sort of floats off in the corner on my
monitor out of focus (not literally, the focus of what draws me to the
page), and the logo is not clear, and makes the text that's over it hard
to read. The initial focal point of any page tends to be the top-left as
that's where we start reading from - I think we need a good solid logo
top-left/middle and then work down from there. That way we clearly
identify the site, and show the user the full logo, allowing them to
more easily associate the elephant logo with PostgreSQL.

In addition, I think the boxes down the side could do with something to
make them less part of the main page - perhaps the background within
them could be a slightly darker shade than the rest of the page
background to clearly separate them from the content.

Sorry :-)

Regards, Dave.