Re: SQL worksheet

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SQL worksheet
Date: 2004-04-27 08:39:23
Lists: pgadmin-support

This is the intended behaviour, though I grant you this one is
definitely open to debate. The behaviour you describe occurs when
'StickySQL' is switched on, such that the current statement in the main
form is automatically loaded into the SQL textbox - th theory being that
the copied SQL constitutes a change. When 'StickySQL' is turned off,
this does not occur. Looking at the code this is definitely by design
and not by accident.

The question is, is this correct behaviour? I'm erring on Peter's side
as it seems that the no change option would comply with the principle of
least astonishment...

Any other opinions?

Regards, Dave.