Re: @@IDENTITY (Was: Access - ODBC - serial problem)

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Philippe Lang" <philippe(dot)lang(at)attiksystem(dot)ch>,<pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "scott(dot)marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)ihs(dot)com>
Subject: Re: @@IDENTITY (Was: Access - ODBC - serial problem)
Date: 2004-04-10 20:28:19
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Ahh, that was some good thinking on their part, though it does sorta
make sense.

> - After an insert, Postgresql ODBC driver reads the data
> based on the values that have been inserted. There are cases
> were these values already existed in the table before the
> insert, and so the autoincrement fetched may not be correct.

It does? I wasn't aware of that. I assume you mean when using cursors
(which I never use) as it doesn't following a regular insert statement.

> Is there anything that can be done at the driver level?

Standard answer: The best method would be to do a "SELECT
currval('seq_name');" when required on the relevant sequence.

Regards, Dave.

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2004-04-10 21:21:08