Re: Website Roundup

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Gavin M(dot) Roy" <gmr(at)ehpg(dot)net>, <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Website Roundup
Date: 2004-03-16 22:36:30
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi Gavin,

Currently my time is constrained by family issues and my studies, hence
most of what I do is the 'background' stuff that probably only gets seen
by Marc & Robert, as well as odd bits and pieces here and there.
Consequently I am happy for someone to drive the continuing development
of the sites - provided the existing basic plan is followed. This is
basically:

Phase 1: Make the current portal capable of supporting multiple
languages, and remain mirrorable.

Phase 2: Design an new look/feel for the portal that can be extended
across other sites. They need not look identical, but should appear to
have come froom the same stable as it were.

Phase 3: Re-assess the different sites and merge them as appropriate.
Apply new designs/styles to remaining sub-sites to brig them into line
with the portal.

My personal opinion is that the major problem is finding the required
developer time rather than management - both Andreas and Alexey have
made good progress, but both also have other commitments requiring their
time. Still, I do see the value of a formal plan, and if you can come up
with that it would certainly help - even if just to breakup the work
into bitesized chunks that are more likely to get done 'in a spare 5
minutes'.

Regards, Dave.