Re: pgFoundry WAS: On pgweb project

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgFoundry WAS: On pgweb project
Date: 2004-03-10 16:50:35
Lists: pgsql-www

Yes, but all the list addresses will presumably change, and there are
bound to be users that don't notice for a while.

> The projects who will have difficultly are those who use
> pgsql-xxx(at)postgresql(dot)org mailing lists off the main Majordomo
> server (such as ODBC), but then they had the same problem under GBorg.

No problem there as they won't change anyway.

> >I assume also that
> > users will have to coordinate with their projects to sort out fresh
> >CVS checkouts at an appropriate time?
>
> Nope. CVS should also be automatic. Advantage of our
> virtual machines ....
> Right, Marc?

I don't see what VMs have to do with it. If you move the CVS to a new
host, then everyone using that repository will have to checkout a new
tree. It's only convenient to do that when all changes have been
committed.

> Then they wouldn't be much of a test, would they? <grin>

pgAdmin would because it's a complex one but with no current users to
inconvenience.

The other two are simple ones that make easy tests, also with little
inconvenience should they go wrong. I assume there will be some sort of
redirect added from Gborg to the new project's home?

Anyway, makes little difference to me - just thought I'd offer some
simple test fodder...

Regards, Dave