Re: Mirror how-to?

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "David Costa" <geeks(at)dotgeek(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Mirror how-to?
Date: 2004-02-19 12:38:35
Lists: pgsql-www

Yes, we have a similar system.

> In your case they get automagically deleted from the live
> list (as far as I understand) which is a good thing(r) I might
> suggest that we email (I can help you with this, if needed)
> the offline mirrors.

Hmm, that is a potentially tricky. /mirrors-ftp.php and -www.php both
include only mirrors that have sync'ed in the last 48 hours, however the
DNS build script includes all hosts that have sync'ed within 7 days
iirc. The main reason is to prevent dropping DNS records for sites that
are only offline for a short while.

The best bet would probably be to add a flag to the mirrors table. If
the last sync time goes past 48 hours ago, and the flag is not set, then
an email is sent and the flag set for that mirror to prevent further
messages. Whenever a mirror is sync'ed it's flag is unset.

That would require a script, and mods to the database (the unsetting of
the flag could be handled by a suitable trigger).

> I can also have the switch.ch Sunsite to mirror postgresql.
> This might come handy because, as far as I can see, you do
> not have a mirror in Switzerland. (Nothing urgent thou..)

There are, but they are both offline since 2004-02-01 :-(

Regards, Dave.