Re: Mirror how-to?

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Devrim GUNDUZ" <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Mirror how-to?
Date: 2004-02-18 11:06:12
Lists: pgsql-www

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Devrim GUNDUZ [mailto:devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org]
> Sent: 18 February 2004 10:44
> To: Dave Page
> Subject: RE: [pgsql-www] Mirror how-to?

> Me? With my perfect English? ;)

It's not that bad!

> Maybe I can rephrase your words:

mirror-howto.php
<h3>Mirroring the FTP or web site</h3>

Our mirror sites are provided to us on a voluntary basis by various
supporters around the world. If you wish to mirror PostgreSQL.org FTP or
web sites, we need the following information to get started:

- Geographic location of server.
- IP address of mirror server, or a hostname is a CNAME DNS record is
required.
- Port number if non-standard.
- IP addresses of 1 or 2 machines that you will use to rsync the site.
For most sites this will be the same as the server.
- Path to content (for FTP servers - eg: /pub/postgresql).

Please send these details to webmaster(at)PostgreSQL(dot)org(dot) Our webmasters
will contact you as soon as possible. In return for mirroring a site, we
can offer you free inclusion in our <a href="/sponsor.html">sponsorship
advert program</a>. If you wish to take up this offer please forward a
suitable advert and the target URL to the webmaster following activation
of your mirror.

Please note that as of 2004-02-13, the FTP site requires around 2GB of
space, and the website requires approximately 165MB. Both sites should
be expected to grow, particularly the FTP site.

How about that?

Regards, Dave.