Re: pgadmin3 query tools

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Andreas Pflug" <Andreas(dot)Pflug(at)web(dot)de>, <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "efesar" <efesar(at)nmia(dot)com>
Subject: Re: pgadmin3 query tools
Date: 2003-04-03 08:01:36
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

:-) Wow, you're good - done already I see...

A couple of minor issues I found:

- Casts do not live in a schema. They need to live alongside languages
with the database as parent.
- I don't see the pg_catalog schema no matter whether I have system
objects on or off. I always see pg_temp_*.
- Keith's fix for the login loop doesn't work. If you get your password
wrong, it never let's you renenter it. What used to happen was it called
the login code again (the bit Keith commented out), but let you re-enter
the password and other details if appropriate.

On a more general note, one og the most useful things in pga2 is the
logging system. There is one in pga3 tied in with wxLog - can we start
using it liberally please 'cos it's invaluable for support purposes.
sysLogger::DoLog() shows what each level will do.

> Centerfolds excepted.

D'oh!

Thanks for your effort guys.

Regards, Dave.