Re: Win32 Powerfail testing

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Tatsuo Ishii" <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Win32 Powerfail testing
Date: 2003-03-06 14:54:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I cannot find it now, but I'm sure I read that FlushFileBuffers() has no
effect unless the file was opened with CreateFile() with the
GENERIC_WRITE flag. A quick google shows quite a few people recommending
that approach to others having trouble flushing files opened with fopen
or _open.

Regards, Dave.