Re: FOSDEM questions

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr>,"pgadmin-hackers" <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: FOSDEM questions
Date: 2003-02-07 14:23:18
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

OK, probably best to check with Bruce.

> 1) What is the license and who is the author of the port?

BSD I beleive and Peerdirect (Jan Wieck's emnployer).

> 2) I noticed there was no Unicode support. Is Unicode a
> compilation option or
> is it not included in the port?

It's only a test build. There should be all the usual features when it's
released with 7.4.

> 3) Did you also test the PLpgSQL library? I saw it was
> included by default in
> Template1.

No, I didn't.

> 4) Also, I heard of a graphical program to manage pg_hba.conf and
> postgresql.conf. Any downloading link?

Never heard of it.

> 5) Any known limits to the port?

Seems a lot better than Cygwin under load. It didn't like some recent
powerfail testing I gave it. Don't forget it's just a beta. The patches
are not even in CVS yet.

> 6) Any plans to release an installer including pgAdmin2 /
> PostgreSQL / PHP(?).

Justin Clift has been working on one, though I don't think he put
pgAdmin in it yet, and doubt if PHP will be included at all.

> Still not coming to FOSDEM? Brussels looks so nice in this
> cold weather. Cheers, Jean-Michel

Sorry, too busy. Have fun though and have a beer with Bruce for me
please!!

Regards, Dave.

pgadmin-hackers by date

Next:From: frank_lupoDate: 2003-02-10 08:04:52