Re: [mail] Re: Windows Build System

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Vince Vielhaber" <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>, "Ron Mayer" <ron(at)intervideo(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [mail] Re: Windows Build System
Date: 2003-01-30 13:08:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

It's not far off, but it's quite amusing none the less.

What I read from your postings it that you are demanding more rigourous
testing for a new major feature *prior* to it being comitted to CVS in a
dev cycle than I think we ever gave any previous new feature even in the
beta test phase. I don't object to testing, and have been thinking about
coding something to address Tom's concerns, but let's demand heavy
testing for the right reasons, not just to try to justify not doing a
Win32 port.

I would also point out that we already list the Cygwin port of
PostgreSQL as supported. Who ever gave that the kind of testing people
are demanding now? I think the worst case scenario will be that our
Win32 port is far better than the existing 'supported' solution.

Regards, Dave.