Re: [BUG] ?

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <geoff(at)metalogicplc(dot)com>, <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Steve Pitchford" <stevep(at)planmatics(dot)co(dot)uk>, "Steve Baker" <Steve(at)planmatics(dot)co(dot)uk>
Subject: Re: [BUG] ?
Date: 2003-01-16 16:04:32
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi Geoff,

I think this falls somewhere in between :-). pgAdmin will happily drop
the function (because it relies on PostgreSQL to prevent it if
required), but then will not show the trigger because the query it uses
has an inner join to the pg_proc entry for the (now missing) function.

I'm not particularly compelled to find a for this as the problem no
longer exists in PostgreSQL 7.3 which prevents the dropping of items
with dependencies by default, and to be honest, I really don't have time
right now anyway :-(

Thanks for making me aware of the problem however.

Regards, Dave.